Make this yummy chilled dessert for a summer party! If you like really moist cake, you can add an extra half box of jello...I think I will do that next time :)
Strawberry Poke Cake Recipe
- White cake mix
- Strawberry jello mix 3 oz
- 1 cup water boiling
- Cool whip
- Strawberries optional
- Bake a white cake in a 9 x 13 inch dish. Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Take the end of a wooden spoon or a straw and poke holes all over the cake (the smaller, the better it will be)
- Boil a cup of water and mix the strawberry jello in it, wait 2 minutes then pour it all over the cake so it goes into the holes.
- Cover the cake then let chill in the fridge for a a couple hours.
- Top with cool whip and sliced strawberries!
Use a smaller wooden spoon and make more straight lines (a family member did this one kind of sloppy)
Pour the jello evenly over the cake so it soaks it all up.