This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
Make some adorable terra cotta pot mushrooms for your garden! The kids will love to help make these and they're so easy!
- Terra Cotta Pots Without the Lip (I found mine at Hobby Lobby for about $2 each!)
- Terra Cotta Bases - One Size larger than the pot
- White Acrylic Paint
- Red Acrylic Paint
- Green Acrylic Paint
- Paint Brushes
- Round Paint Brush
- Sealer (HIGHLY recommended!)
- E6000 (optional)
- Paint the terra cotta pot and base both white. I did two coats of paint on mine. This will be the stem of your mushroom.
- Flip your lid upside down and paint with your choice of colors. This will be your mushroom top. I did mine in red and green. The paint dries quickly on terra cotta! Again, I did a second coat on the tops as well.
- Using a round foam brush, dip it into white paint to create polka dots on the top of your mushroom. The awesome thing about this project is that there is no wrong way to do it!
- Once dry, use a sealer to coat your project. This is not necessary, but HIGHLY recommended.
- If you want to permanently attach the top of the mushroom to the base, use an industrial glue like E6000. I didn’t do mine, but we have them inside. This is an optional step, but might be a good idea if you are putting your mushrooms outside.