These are my ultimate favorite dessert to eat! I was first introduced to them at my baby shower where my mother-in-law made them and decorated little baby faces on each! They were a huge hit of the party and there was literally none left when it was over. Thankfully she saved me a plastic container of some just for me :-) I just had to get the recipe and try for myself. I was shocked that they tasted just as good as that day!
You can use any white melting chocolate that hardens up but Ghirardelli is so delicious! I found these 12oz. bags at Target on sale.
Oreo Truffle Ingredients:
- 1 package of Oreo cookies
- 1 package of cream cheese 8 oz. (softened)
- 24 oz. Ghirardelli white melting wafers (or white chocolate)
- Put the full cream-filled oreos in a food processor and pulse until it is fine crumbs and no big pieces. You might need to do it in small batches.
- Pour the crushed oreos in a large bowl and add in the softened cream cheese. Use a fork or spoon to mix it in good until sticky and no cream cheese showing.
- Take 1- ½ tablespoons of dough and roll it into small balls. Put them on a cookie sheet and pop them in the freezer for 20-25 minutes.
- Melt the Ghirardelli chocolate in a microwavable bowl for 15 second intervals, stirring until melted. Take a dough ball and place it on a fork (flat side down) and dunk it in the chocolate. Shake off the excess chocolate and put on a piece of wax or parchment paper. Do this over another cookie sheet or large plate.
- If you want toppings, add some crushed up oreos while the chocolate is still wet. If you want the pretty lines (see below) just melt chocolate and put it in a ziploc bag and drizzle over tops.
- Place in the fridge to set them up and enjoy! I personally think they are the best after an hour chilled. If you are putting them out for a party I would recommend to put ice under a plate or serve right after taking out of the fridge.