This is always a favorite Christmas craft we do at my elementary school! The kids get to make their own dough snowflake ornaments to give to their parents or siblings! Note that after the kids make the dough and shape, you will need to bring it home to bake them. This is a two-three day art project because you have to let it bake, paint it and then let dry. Your kids can get creative with this activity, some kids wrote “Mom” or “Dad” in the middle of their dough ornaments to make it more special. I hope you enjoy this cheap and easy craft for the kiddos!
- 4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Salt
- Preheat oven to 300 Degrees F
- Combine the flour, salt and water; mix well and knead for 10 minutes. Roll it out on a lightly floured surface.
- Use a snowflake cookie cutter to make the shape and poke a hole on the top part for hanging.
- Bake for 30 minutes; allow to cool.
- Decorate with blue paint and rainbow colored glitter. Allow to dry and spray with clear polyurethane on both sides to preserve. Use some string or yarn pieces to turn it into a Christmas ornament!
If you like this one, check out my other Christmas Crafts for kids!
This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.