These adorable pumpkins were made from plastic slinky's found at the Dollar Tree!
These are so fun and can be customized with different colored ribbons!
Slinky Pumpkin Decor
- Plastic Wooden Spring Party Toys – Dollar Store
- Spray Paint – White Bright Orange, Burnt Orange
- Ribbon Black Gingham – Dollar Store
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks – Dollar Store
- Twig – From the Yard
- Wire Cutters
- Wooden Clothespins Four – Dollar Store
- Cardboard or Drop Cloth
- Gather all supplies. The mini magic springs can be found in the party supply section of the dollar store and there are 4 in a package for $1.25. Apply a thin line of hot glue along the end of the plastic coil, match up the opposite end and secure with a clothespin until the glue cools. Repeat with remaining magic springs.
- In a well-ventilated area, or outside, basecoat the magic spring pumpkins with white spray paint that bonds to plastic. Rotate the pumpkins to ensure that all sides of the spring get painted. Lay down cardboard or a drop cloth to protect your surface. Set aside to dry.
- Topcoat the magic spring pumpkins with bright orange and burnt orange spray paint in light coats. Work in a well-ventilated area, or outside. Set aside to dry and apply a second light coat, if necessary. Rotate the pumpkins to ensure that all sides of the spring get painted.
- Measure a twig from the yard into 4” sections and cut with a pair of wire cutters. Don’t worry if the twig doesn’t cut perfectly straight, because that will give the stem a bit of extra character. Attach the twig stems into the top center hole in the pumpkins with a glue gun and glue sticks.
- Measure and cut 10” lengths of black gingham plaid ribbon with scissors. Tie the ribbons in bows, and then trim any long ends with scissors. Attach the bows to the stems with a glue gun and glue sticks.