Looking for a cute red, white, and blue flag dessert?! Make this darling American Flag fruit pizza! It's delicious and guests always go crazy over how cool it is!
American Flag Fruit Pizza
- 1 cup softened butter
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup blueberries
- 12 oz package raspberries
- 1 instant vanilla pudding box 3.4oz
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup powder sugar
- 16 oz whipped topping from the freezer; thawed
- 1 gallon size ziplock
- Star frosting tip optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 13x9 cookie sheet with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter until smooth.
- Add sugar and combine well, then blend in egg and vanilla.
- Gradually add flour mixing well.
- Combine oats.
- Press cookie dough into your lined baking sheet until even. Poke holes down the middle to allow the dough to cook evenly
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Whisk instant pudding with 1 cup milk until pudding consistency.
- Whisk in powder sugar
- Fold in whipped topping
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Allow the cookie to cool completely. You may remove the cookie from the sheet pan to a cooling rack for faster cooling time.
- Once cool, return the cookie to the sheet pan and spread a thin layer of frosting across the entire sugar cookie cake.
- Add blueberries to the top left corner. Add raspberries in rows to resemble the red stripes in our flag.
- Add a star frosting tip to the corner of a zip lock bag. Snip the corner and set the frosting tip in place. If you do not have a frosting tip you can just cut a corner of the ziplock and use it with no tip.
- Add frosting to the zip lock and add a design in between the red stripes to represent the white stripes in our flag.