This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
Make some fun edible ice cream playdough for the kids!
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Before playing with it again, let it come to room temperature. If it has hardened some, just add a drop or two of olive oil and it will go back to being moldable. :)
This is a great sensory item that leads itself to tons of pretend play! Bust out cones, sprinkles, and dishes for an ice cream party!
Homemade Edible Playdough
- Frosting - Any color or flavor that you would like We used chocolate vanilla and strawberry.
- Powdered Sugar
- In a bowl, put 1 cup of icing of your choice. (Note: I used the regular frosting. You can try whipped icing, but I have not used it yet so I’m not sure how it will affect the texture of the play dough.)
- Next, mix your powdered sugar in. I start with 2 cups and slowly work my way up. Generally, I use close to 3 cups.
- This is so much fun for kids to make. When you start mixing the powdered sugar in, it feels so soft and ‘cloud-like’. They really love it!
- You will know you have enough powdered sugar mixed in when you get your desired texture and it is no longer sticky.
- Repeat the process for any other ‘flavors’ of ice cream you would like to make.
- For other fun flavors, you can always tint vanilla frosting and add in some fun extracts such as mint. For the vanilla, chocolate and strawberry flavors, no extract is really needed. They smell just like the real thing already from the icing!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Before playing with it again, let it come to room temperature. If it has hardened some, just add a drop or two of olive oil and it will go back to being moldable. :)
Make sure to follow Crafty Morning on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram or subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter! :)