I am so excited to share an amazing egg carton craft with you guys today! I stumbled upon RoomtoGrowTV on Instagram and she was so sweet to share this egg carton dinosaur hat with us! Make sure to follow her on YouTube, her website, Pinterest, and Twitter. She does kids craft videos once or twice a week on YouTube (I also attached this tutorial at the end of the post :)
This easy-to-make kids costume is just the right thing if you need a quick costume for Dinosaur week, or if you are thinking of a great kids craft project that they can make themselves! This Dinosaur hat has so many different uses such as an activity for preschool kids or as a party hat for a dinosaur-themed party!
To make the hat, you will need:
- Poster paint
- One egg carton (extra one if you plan to make a longer spikes)
- Paint brush
- The first step is cut off lid from the egg carton, then cut off either side of the center cones. You will need the extra egg carton if you want a larger Dinosaur headband. To join the two egg cartons, put some glue at the end of the first egg carton and then attach the second carton by placing over the glued end. Allow to dry before you paint the egg carton.
- Now paint the cones whatever colors you like. I used red, purple and yellow for my Dinosaur.
- Now for the cardboard: draw two 30cm-strips on it. We used the ruler’s width. Cut out the strips.
- Staple the two strips together, to make one long strip. Now measure the circumference of your child’s head with the long strip you have just made, and staple the ends together to make the head band.
- When the paint has dried, add the spikes by stapling one end of the egg cartons to the front of the headband and then the other end at the back.
Once your little one puts on this hat it will spark the inner Dinosaur! Watch Out! Rawr!
Make sure to follow Crafty Morning on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram or subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter! :)