Growing up I always looked forward to having french toast for breakfast! It was always when there was a special occasion but these french toast roll-ups are great for any morning on the go! Kids love them and the filling options are endless to switch up the flavors.
- 1 loaf bread of choice (I used whole wheat), crusts removed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp butter
- Fully cooked sausage links, heated (I used turkey sausage)
- Blueberries and softened cream cheese
- Whipped cream
- Confectioners sugar
- Maple syrup
- Flatten out slices of bread by hand, and roll up your filling inside.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a large saute pan.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Dip the roll ups in the mixture and place immediately in the pan.
- Cook them for 2 – 3 minutes aside until golden.
- Top with anything you want or dip in some syrup!
This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.