Grandparent’s Day is coming up in September so it’s a good time to think about making them some meaningful gifts! I love all the ones where the grandchildren get to help out. I searched and found my favorite creative grandparent’s day gifts for you all to think about making! Hope you enjoy them… just click on the links to get directions on how to make it.
Gift Ideas for Grandma
- Handmade Photo Bracelet – This is adorable and any grandmother would love to see their grand babies where ever they go.
- Ceramic Flower Dishes – Grandma’s will love these homemade dishes to put their keys or candy in!
- Tea Wreath Gift– If grandma loves her tea, make a pretty wreath for her to enjoy in the kitchen!
- Watering Can Photo Gift – This gift is for a gardener and it’s very special because the grand kids photos are inside the flowers.
- Love Grows Here Plate – Have your kids dip their hands in paint to make cute little flowers on a plate she can display.
- DIY Tile Coasters – You can make your own photo coasters and wrap them in a ribbon for grandma!
- Grandma Photo Blocks – These wooden photo blocks are darling that say “Some of my greatest blessings call me grandma”
- Grandma Milk Tin– Make your own personalized milk tin with vinyl lettering.
Gift Ideas for Grandpa
- Grandpa’s Stache Jar – Decorate a jar with vinyl and fill it with grandpa’s favorite candy.
- Kids handprint Card – Scroll down passed the cake and you’ll find this adorable card saying “My fingers may be small but I can still wrap my grandpa around them” awww…it would be great to frame it.
- Interchangeable Blocks – I LOVE this idea! Grandpa can keep these blocks on his desk at work or in the office to be reminded of his grandchildren.
- Handprint T-Shirt – On the front of the T-shirt write “Grandpa deserves a pat on the back” and have the kids stamp their handprints on the back! Adorable!
- Wood Letter Grandchildren Photo – Have each of the grandkids hold a letter that spells “grandpa” “papa” “pops” etc!
- Best Dads Get Promoted to Grandpa– What a meaningful keepsake! Frame a photo of grandpa holding their grandchild.
- Lucky as Can Be Photos – This framed gift says “I’m as lucky as can be…the best papa in the world belongs to me!” with a handprint, footprint, and a photo.
- Custom Golf Balls – If grandpa is a golfer, have the kids decorate white golf balls with colored sharpies – so cute!
- We Love Grandpa Canvas – Have your kids stamp their hand and foot on a white canvas, then write “We Love Grandpa” using the letters O and V as the prints! (no source on Pinterest)
- Footprint Deer Canvas– “Papa, you are deer to us doe-n’t you know” Cute idea for a grandpa who hunts!
- Handprint Stamped Baseball – What a great keepsake when the kids are little!
Grandparent Gifts for Both of Them
- DIY Photo Keychains– Using modge podge you can make customized keychains for grandma and grandpa.
- Handprint Family Tree Card – Frame this kids handprint card that says “i’m so happy you’re in my family tree!”
- Glass Magnets– These magnets w0uld be adorable to have their grand kid’s faces in them to put on the fridge.
- Grandparent Photo Display– Make your own picture display using wood and clothespins to hang up the grandkids photos.
This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.