Kids bored at home? Make some homemade bouncy balls to play with!
IMPORTANT: Borax is not edible. This is not intended for children under 3 years old. Adult supervision required. Gloves are recommended for those with sensitive skin. Wash hands after playing. Glitter glue can also be used.
Homemade Bouncy Balls
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon Borax Detergent Booster
- Glitter and/or food coloring
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Elmer’s Glue in clear
- Mix together the water and borax until the borax is dissolved into the water.
- Stir in glitter and/or food coloring.
- Stir in 2 to 3 tablespoons glue, depending on how large you want the ball to be. Stir as a thick slime begins to form. Once the glue has come together, use hands to squeeze and shape the ball.
- Remove the ball from the solution and roll it in your hands, squeezing together, until the stickiness is gone and the ball is shaped. If the ball is still sticky, dip the ball back into the solution and then remove and roll in your hands until smooth.
After adding the glue and before stirring, add a second color of food coloring. This method made a murky colored ball.
After the thick slime forms, remove the ball from the solution. Start mixing a second ball. When the thick slime forms, add the first ball to the second and press together. Continue with instructions. This yielded the best results.