We figured out how to make spider web slime, and it actually looks like a real web! This is the perfect sensory activity for Halloween with the kids.
Make sure to follow Crafty Morning on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram or subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter! :)
Spider Web Slime Recipe
- 1 airtight container
- 1 5 oz bottle of white glue
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp borax
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp Instant Snow
- Small bowl
- In a bowl, pour ½ a cup of white glue.
- Add in ½ cup of water. Stir.
- In a measuring cup or small bow, combine 1 cup water and 1 tsp borax.
- Slowly pour in the borax mix to your glue mixture, stirring constantly until your slime has fully formed.
- Knead the slime for a few minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp of Instant Snow to the slime. Knead and work the Instant Snow in, until fully incorporated. Slowly add up to 1 tsp more of Instant snow, repeating the kneading process.
- At first, the slime will be stiff. Don’t worry! Keep kneading! The instant snow needs time to expand and be worked in. This one is a bit of a process getting it fully ready!
- Store in an airtight container.
For the spiders, a small amount of polymer clay is all you need. To make the spiders, roll 2 small balls for the body. Then a long snake like piece and cut out the legs. Bake on wax paper at 275 for a few minutes. If you don’t want to make your own spiders, you can buy flat back buttons. With cloud slime, the spider add-ons will not stick very well, but they are great for imaginative play! Polymore clay is perfect for making your own slime charms! :)
This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.