Make a fun elf on the shelf craft with your kids this Christmas! You can incorporate this activity one day and have the elf say "come make a craft with me!" for example.
- Paper plates
- Tan, blue, brown, peach, and red craft paint
- Brown paper
- Cotton balls
- Paint brushes
1. Lay out a piece of a scrap paper and plate a paper plate tan and let dry.
2. Cut out the following from a couple white paper plates:
-2 elf ears
-1 large triangle and 1 longer skinnier triangle for hat
-small circle for nose
-circle eyes with the rounded bottom cut off
3. Then cut a 8 x 2-3” rectangle from the brown paper and cut the bottom pointed like hair.
4. Paint the cut out pieces the following colors:
-eyes: with the left side blue like pictured
5. Assemble the elf by glueing the pieces on the tan painted plate.
6. Dab the tip of your finger in the peach paint and dab the cheeks of the elf.
7. Draw a smile under the nose with a marker.
8. Glue cotton balls along the bottom rim of the hat and let dry.