How to Make Pink Lemonade Jello Shots
Make some fun pink lemonade jello shots using the skins of real lemons! These are so fun and colorful for summer parties.
Pink Lemonade Jello Shots
- 6 large lemons
- 1 cup pink lemonade
- 2 Knox unflavored gelatin envelopes
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup lemon or citrus vodka - chilled
- Optional - pink food gel
- Cut each lemon in half lengthwise. Microwave 2 lemons at a time on high for 15 seconds. Squeeze the juice out of each lemon half and with a spoon, remove the inside pulp and membrane. (Microwaving a lemon helps release the juice and membrane so much easier)!
- Place the lemon halves inside a large muffin pan to help hold them secure for the addition of the hot jello mixture.
- In a medium saucepan, add the pink lemonade and lemon juice and heat under medium heat for 10 minutes. Do not allow the lemonade to boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Optional: Add 1-2 drops of pink food color if you desire a darker, richer pink hue. Stir well to incorporate.
- Sprinkle the 2 packets of gelatin into the lemonade mixture and whisk briskly until the gelatin is dissolved.
- Pour the gelatin mixture into a large Pyrex measuring cup or bowl and add the chilled lemon/citrus vodka. Stir well to distribute.
- Pour the jello mixture into each lemon half, filling almost to the top. I left about a half an inch space from the top of each lemon.
- Chill overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Before serving, cut each lemon half into 3 slices.