Log cabins are my favorite, especially in the winter time when snow covers them. I thought i'd recreate one using my own popsicle sticks! It turned out beautiful and it's actually not too hard to make.
How to Make a Log Cabin out of Popsicle Sticks
If you're doing this with the kids, they might need some assistance on cutting the popsicle sticks.
If you want to personalize your Christmas ornament, just glue a square photo of the child looking out of the cabin window! That would make a great gift for parents or grandparents.
Popsicle Stick Log Cabin Ornament
- Popsicle sticks 2 sizes
- white and light brown acrylic paint
- hot glue gun
- small curtain material
- silk ribbon
- artificial berries
- artificial pine branch
- twine string
- Paint 4 thick popsicle sticks white and 5 to light brown.
- Put 7 popsicle sticks next to each other touching (5 light brown then 2 white ones on the bottom).
- Glue two popsicle sticks across the back.
- Cut off the top to get a cottage shape and glue the two white popsicle sticks to the edge.
- Cut a small piece of the curtain material and glue it in the middle of the house and glue around with the thin popsicle sticks.
- Glue up the artificial berries and artificial pine branches.
- Make a bow and glue it up to the roof.
- Paint the window white as if it is snowy.
- Cut some twine, make a loop, and glue it on the back to hang!