I found these bed springs at an antique store for 3 bucks and couldn't pass them up! I've seen bed spring snowmen before on Pinterest but I wanted to make my own! I had bought foam balls and scarves at the Dollar Tree which worked perfectly!
I seriously want to make 20 of these little guys! You could use so many different color scarves, buttons, hats, etc. I think it'd be adorable to do a vintage looking bed spring snowman too.
You can make these with the kids or for fun with your adult friends! ;) They look so cute on the mantle.
Bed Spring Snowmen
- 1 Bed spring
- 3 Buttons
- Hot glue gun
- 1 Styrofoam Ball
- Sock or child's size glove
- Scarf Mine were from Dollar Tree
- Orange, Pink, and Black paint
- Hot glue the foam ball onto the top of the bed spring and hold for 30 seconds.
- Cut a strip of scarf and wrap it around the "neck" under the foam ball.
- Use a small paintbrush and make black eyes, a mouth, and pink cheeks.
- Cut the end of a toothpick off and paint it orange. Stick it in the foam ball for the nose.
- Hot glue on the buttons.
- Put a fuzzy sock around the top of the foam ball then tie with a string at the end. On the little snowman, I used a kids glove and cut off the fingers then tied it with a string.