Make some beautiful ornaments for your Christmas tree this year using clothespins! I saw you can bulk clothespins in bulk on Amazon to make a bunch of these snowflakes!
You can also paint the sides and back of the clothespins white so when they flip over they’ll look nice.
How to Make Clothespin Snowflake Ornaments
- Gather all supplies. Remove the metal spring clip from the wooden clothespins.
- Flip the clothespin pieces and glue the flat sides together with a glue gun and glue sticks.
- Assemble each snowflake by creating a cross with four clothespins and then adding clothespins in the four diagonal sections.
- Basecoat each snowflake with white craft paint using a paintbrush. Let dry and apply a second coat, if necessary.
- Apply a layer of decoupage glue to top of each snowflake with a paintbrush. Over a plain piece of paper, sprinkle snowflake with clear glitter, gather the paper and return excess glitter to its container.
- Layer the snowflakes with glue gun and glue sticks to create added dimension and interest to the ornaments.
- To finish, glue a loop with a bow of baker’s twine or ribbon to the back of the snowflake.
This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.