Make some beautiful ornaments for your Christmas tree this year using clothespins! Go to the Dollar Tree and grab some packs of clothespins. I also saw you can get clothespins in bulk on Amazon to make a bunch of these snowflakes!
You can also paint the sides and back of the clothespins white so when they flip over they’ll look nice.
Here’s my video tutorial…
How to Make Clothespin Snowflake Ornaments
- Gather all supplies. Remove the metal spring clip from the wooden clothespins.
- Flip the clothespin pieces and glue the flat sides together with a glue gun and glue sticks.
- Assemble each snowflake by creating a cross with four clothespins and then adding clothespins in the four diagonal sections.
- Basecoat each snowflake with white craft paint using a paintbrush. Let dry and apply a second coat, if necessary.
- Apply a layer of decoupage glue to top of each snowflake with a paintbrush. Over a plain piece of paper, sprinkle snowflake with clear glitter, gather the paper and return excess glitter to its container.
- Layer the snowflakes with glue gun and glue sticks to create added dimension and interest to the ornaments.
- To finish, glue a loop with a bow of baker’s twine or ribbon to the back of the snowflake.
This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.