fun christmas pine cone craft
Make some darling little potted pinecone Christmas trees with fairy lights! They make the cutest pine cone Christmas decorations or just a fun little Christmas craft for the kids to make. You can also see my other pinecone christmas trees that have snow on the bottom.
I never thought about decorating pine cones but the possibilities are endless! Next time I'm going to paint the edges with white acrylic paint to look like it snowed.
Now the challenge is using more pine cones for Christmas decorations!
Watch how I make them in my video...
Potted Pinecone Christmas Trees
- Mini flower pot
- Green acrylic paint
- Yellow cardstock paper
- Hot glue gun (or E6000 if you have time to wait)
- Battery Operated Lights
- Start by painting the whole pinecone green. Then push sequins on the edges of it.
- Sprinkle glitter while it's still wet. Let dry.
- Cut out a star from yellow cardstock paper and hot glue it to the top of the pinecone.
- Wrap battery operated lights around the pinecone and turn it on.
- Tie a ribbon into a bow around the pot (optional)