This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
Make these delicious and easy ritz thin mint cookies! They are SO yummy!!
Ritz Thin Mint Cookies
- 1 ½ cups Wilton dark cocoa mint candy melts OR Hershey's mint chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons solid shortening
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 24 Ritz crackers
- Line a cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the shortening to a microwave safe bowl and melt on HIGH for 30 seconds. Add the mint flavored candy melts and microwave for 45 seconds on HIGH. Remove from microwave and stir.
- Continue to microwave on HIGH in 15 second increments until completely melted and smooth. Remove from microwave.
- Stir in the peppermint extract.
- Dip each Ritz cracker into the melted chocolate, one by one, and place on the lined baking sheet.
- Chill for 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden.
- ENJOY!! These Ritz cracker thin mints taste just like the real thing!
I found the Wilton dark cocoa mint candy melts at JOANN's but you can also order them on Amazon. You could also just use semi-sweet chocolate chips or candy melts instead and increase the mint extract to 1 ½ teaspoons in the recipe.