This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
Make these fun and easy shamrock pretzel pops for a St. Patrick’s Day treat! The kids will love helping or just eating them! You could also put a ton in a mason jar to make a centerpiece at a party.
Make sure to follow Crafty Morning on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram or subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter! :)
Shamrock Pretzel Pops
- Pretzel twists 3 for each pretzel pop
- Green candy wafer melts
- Gold sugar sprinkles
- Gold coin sprinkles Available at Michaels
- You will also need lollipop sticks and waxed paper. A pair of tweezers and toothpicks are recommended
- Line a baking sheet or large cutting board with waxed paper. Place lollipop sticks on waxed paper, spaced to allow room for each shamrock.
- Melt green candy melts in a microwave safe bowl (according to package directions.) Heat on high for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat in 15-second increments, stirring each time, until completely melted. Do not overheat as the candy will seize and become unusable. If the candy is too thick to pour from a spoon, stir in 1 teaspoon of coconut oil or vegetable shortening. Test for consistency and add more coconut oil if needed, up to 1 tablespoon.
- Dip each pretzel in candy coating, turning to coat. Remove from from candy with a fork and tap against the bowl to remove excess. Place pretzel on waxed paper with the bottom edge touching a lollipop stick. Use a toothpick to slide into place if needed. Repeat with each pretzel until three pretzels are around each stick.
- While the pretzels are wet, sprinkle with gold sugar sprinkles.
- Pour remaining candy melts in a plastic bag. Snip the corner of the bag and press to add a small amount of candy into the hole where the pretzels are around the rod. Immediately add a gold coin sprinkle. (Tip: To apply the coin, use a pair of sterilized tweezers.)
- Allow pops to set completely. Place in the refrigerator for faster results. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.