Make these fun and easy shamrock pretzel pops for a St. Patrick’s Day treat! The kids will love helping or just eating them! You could also put a ton in a mason jar to make a centerpiece at a party.
Shamrock Pretzel Pops
- Pretzel twists 3 for each pretzel pop
- Green candy wafer melts
- Gold sugar sprinkles
- Gold coin sprinkles Available at Michaels
- You will also need lollipop sticks and waxed paper. A pair of tweezers and toothpicks are recommended
- Line a baking sheet or large cutting board with waxed paper. Place lollipop sticks on waxed paper, spaced to allow room for each shamrock.
- Melt green candy melts in a microwave safe bowl (according to package directions.) Heat on high for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat in 15-second increments, stirring each time, until completely melted. Do not overheat as the candy will seize and become unusable. If the candy is too thick to pour from a spoon, stir in 1 teaspoon of coconut oil or vegetable shortening. Test for consistency and add more coconut oil if needed, up to 1 tablespoon.
- Dip each pretzel in candy coating, turning to coat. Remove from from candy with a fork and tap against the bowl to remove excess. Place pretzel on waxed paper with the bottom edge touching a lollipop stick. Use a toothpick to slide into place if needed. Repeat with each pretzel until three pretzels are around each stick.
- While the pretzels are wet, sprinkle with gold sugar sprinkles.
- Pour remaining candy melts in a plastic bag. Snip the corner of the bag and press to add a small amount of candy into the hole where the pretzels are around the rod. Immediately add a gold coin sprinkle. (Tip: To apply the coin, use a pair of sterilized tweezers.)
- Allow pops to set completely. Place in the refrigerator for faster results. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.