This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
Love the movie Hocus Pocus?! These halloween treats are so fun to make....spellbook brownies!
Hocus Pocus Spellbook Brownies
- ½ unsalted butter
- ¾ C sugar
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs room temp
- ¾ C unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ C flour
- 1-2 TBSP instant coffee granules
- 1 container black cookie icing
- 1 container of large candy eyes
- 1 disposable piping bag with number 2 tip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a standing mixer cream together the butter, sugar, vanilla, and eggs in a medium bowl.
- Add the cocoa powder, flour and coffee granules, beating until combined with the butter mixture.
- Spread the batter into the prepped baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and allow them to fully cool.
- Once completely cooled cut into bars.
- Decorating Directions
- Squeeze the black cookie icing into the piping bag
- Pipe a dollop of the icing onto the back of an eye
- Place eye onto the middle of the brownie along the side like shown in the image
- Pipe a black circle around the eye
- Pipe a zig zag down one side of brownie
- Pipe a line straight down next to the zig zag
- Pipe stitches across the line
- Pipe half circle on the corners of the bar
- Allow icing to dry for an hour