This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
Love the movie Hocus Pocus?! These halloween treats are so fun to make….spellbook brownies!
Make sure to follow Crafty Morning on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram or subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter! :)
Hocus Pocus Spellbook Brownies
- 1/2 unsalted butter
- 3/4 C sugar
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs room temp
- 3/4 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 C flour
- 1-2 TBSP instant coffee granules
- 1 container black cookie icing
- 1 container of large candy eyes
- 1 disposable piping bag with number 2 tip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a standing mixer cream together the butter, sugar, vanilla, and eggs in a medium bowl.
- Add the cocoa powder, flour and coffee granules, beating until combined with the butter mixture.
- Spread the batter into the prepped baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and allow them to fully cool.
- Once completely cooled cut into bars.
- Decorating Directions
- Squeeze the black cookie icing into the piping bag
- Pipe a dollop of the icing onto the back of an eye
- Place eye onto the middle of the brownie along the side like shown in the image
- Pipe a black circle around the eye
- Pipe a zig zag down one side of brownie
- Pipe a line straight down next to the zig zag
- Pipe stitches across the line
- Pipe half circle on the corners of the bar
- Allow icing to dry for an hour