This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
You Will Need:
- 1 Box of White Cake Mix + Ingredients to make
- 1 Tub of White Frosting
- Food Coloring
- Black or Brown Candy Melts
- Gold Sugar Sprinkles
- Parchment Paper
- Small Bowls
- Cookie Sheet
- Make your cake mix according to the directions.
- Pour your mix into 6 small bowls and tint each bowl a different color - red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple.
- Line a cupcake pan with liners and pour each color into a cupcake holder. My mix made two cupcakes of each color.
- Cook according to the package instructions. Once cooked, allow the cupcakes to cool.
- Once cooled, crumble the cupcakes one color at a time.
- Add a dollop of icing.
- Thoroughly mix the frosting and cake together.
- Repeat for each color. Pop your cake mixes into the freezer for a few minutes to help it set.
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper or parchment paper. Take a small pinch of each color and roll together to form a ball.
- Place on a cookie sheet and put into the freezer to form for a few minutes.
- While it is in the freezer, melt your candy melts according to the package instructions.
- Coat your rainbow cake balls in the candy mets and back into the freezer for a minute!
- Dip the top of your cake pop into the candy melts and cover with the gold sugar sprinkles. It will now resemble a pot of gold! Freeze for another minute until fully set.