This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
There are just a really cute & yummy treat for Easter! Below is the instructions for 1 batch. I made 4 batches with 4 different colors.
What you need:
- 5 oz of marshmallows
- Yellow frosting (chilled)
- Round blue & orange sprinkles
- Food coloring of your choice
- 3 Cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 2 TBS butter (separated)
What to do:
- In a large pot melt butter over low heat.
- Add the marshmallows & stir until melted.
- Add a drop of food coloring at a time, until you reach the color you want. Stir well.
- Mix the rice krispies & marshmallow mixture together.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Form into an egg shape. I found that adding a little butter to your hands prevents it from sticking to you.
- Cut the egg shape in half.
- Place frosting in a zip lock bag and cut the end off. Squirt frosting onto one half of the bottom of the egg. If frosting starts to get runny place in refrigerator for 5 minutes.
- Place the top back on at an angle.
- Use a butter knife to smooth out the frosting.
- Add blue & orange sprinkles for the eyes & beak.
- Place in refrigerator to set.