Today I decided to take photos of me making my husband and I’s favorite Filipino recipe – chicken adobo! We actually learned this from my husband’s old roommate that was from Guam. He made it for us one night and I fell in love. Seriously. It was so delicious I had to know how to make it! The funny thing is he would just throw things into the pot and not measure so I stood next to him and wrote down what went in. I know it doesn’t look like the most appetizing dinner ever but it is fabulous. The sweetness in the green peppers is delish…I could honestly eat just the peppers alone.
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 green peppers
- 1/2 onion
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 3 lbs chicken thighs
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
How to Make Chicken Adobo:
- Cut up the green peppers and onions into strips
- Pour the soy sauce, apple cider, garlic, pepper, and chicken into a pot and stir.
- Add the veggies and press them under the liquid to make sure they get cooked.
- Bring to a boil and cover on medium high heat for about 30 minutes.
- When the peppers are limp, serve over white rice and enjoy!
We normally double this recipe because the leftovers are excellent as well!
Pour the extra sauce over top the meat and rice…mmmmm.Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram or subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter! :)
This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.