This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
Make some adorable little tea light ornaments wearing pom pom ear muffs! You can get a lot of the supplies at the dollar store, too!
Tea Light Snowmen Ornaments
- Votives Battery Operated – Dollar Store
- Chenille Stems Silver Tinsel – Dollar Store
- Pom Poms Assorted Tinsel – Dollar Store
- Ribbons Assorted Colors and Patterns
- Rhinestones Black, Self-Adhesive
- Craft Paint - Orange
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Ribbon Silver – 10” lengths
- Gather all supplies. Paint plastic flame of votive with orange craft paint using a paintbrush. Let dry and apply a second coat, if necessary.
- To build the snowman’s face, attach two rhinestones for eyes and five rhinestones for mouth.
- TIP: Substitute small wiggle eyes and a mouth drawn on with a permanent marker if rhinestones are not available.
- Select color combinations and patterns to create the snowman’s scarf with ribbon and earmuffs with pom poms and chenille stems.
- Cut two-inch sections of silver tinsel chenille stem, bend into a “U” shape and glue to sides of votive with glue gun and glue sticks. Attach pom poms over the ends of the chenille stem and a section of ribbon under the snowman’s “chin”. Tie a five-inch length of ribbon with a knot in the center and glue to the bottom of the votive.
- To finish, tie a ten-inch length of silver ribbon into a loop through the chenille stem, using the photo as a guide.