How to Make Sock Snowmen
I bought these big white socks from Menards and had to make this snowman craft with them! My son loved making his.
The fun part is finding colorful fuzzy socks to make the hat and scarves! These would be great to make in the classroom or for craft parties.
Watch the video tutorial...
- Large white sock
- Fuzzy sock
- Orange/black pipe cleaner
- Hot glue gun
- Black sharpie
- 2-3 Buttons
- Cut the large white sock a little above where the heel goes. Fill with some rice.
- Tie a knot at the top of the sock.
- Use a piece of twine and tie it around the sock so it creates 2 parts to the snowman.
- Cut the fuzzy sock on the end for the hat. Put it on top of the rice sock and tie twine around the tip to make a pom pom type hat. Cut a strip for the scarf with the fuzzy sock.
- Cut 2 tiny pieces of black pipe cleaner, put a dot of hot glue on the snowman's face and stick the pipe cleaner through where you want the eyes. Repeat. Cut a small piece of orange pipe cleaner for the nose. Hot glue and stick in.
- Use a sharpie and make the snowman's mouth.
- Tie the scarf around the neck. Hot glue on buttons.