Oh my goodness you guys. If you’re on the keto diet or a low carb diet you probably love spaghetti squash! But there’s only so much alfredo and spaghetti sauce to pour on it. Try this bacon au gratin spaghetti squash recipe! It goes perfect as a side with your steak or as the main dish! Delish.
Watch me make it…
Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin Recipe
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- pinch of salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of minced onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- 3 ⁄4 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 1 ⁄2 cup of cheddar cheese
- 1 ⁄2 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 1 ⁄4 cup of Parmesan cheese plus more for topping
- 4 slices of cooked bacon roughly chopped
- parsley for garnish if desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Poke holes all over squash with a fork. Put squash into the oven for 4-6 minutes, or until slightly softened. (In five minute intervals.)
- Cut squash in half lengthwise. With a spoon, scoop out seeds and discard it.
- Drizzle olive oil over both halves of the squash and rub it all over (including the skin). Sprinkle squash with salt and pepper.
- Place squash on an aluminum foil wrapped pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until flesh is tender.
- Remove squash from the oven, allow to slightly cool, until safe to handle. Put oven on broiler setting.
- With a fork, scrape the flesh of the squash removing most of the inside leaving only a sturdy shell behind.
- Place the spaghetti squash flesh into a medium bowl and add remaining ingredients. Mix well together. Divide the mixture into the center of both squash halves. Top with additional cheese and bacon.
- Place squash into the oven and broil until cheese is melted and golden, about 2-4 minutes.
Check out our other keto recipes here!Make sure to follow Crafty Morning on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram or subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter! :)
This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.