Switch it up this summer with your corn on the cob…add some bacon! It has a rich smoky flavor that soaks into the corn with a crunch! The best!
Make sure to follow Crafty Morning on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram or subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter! :)
Bacon Wrapped Grilled Corn
- 6 ears of corn – husks and silks removed
- 1 lb package of bacon
- Salt and Pepper
- Optional: Fresh Cilantro for garnish
- Prepare grill for direct high heat.
- Rinse corn cobs under water and pat dry.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Wrap 2-3 pieces of bacon around each corn cob.
- Wrap the bacon wrapped corn in foil, ensuring the ends are completely covered in foil and turned inwards.
- Grill for about 40-45 minutes, turning every ten minutes. (10 minutes for all four sideKeep grill cover on when not turning.
- 40 minutes into grilling, open a packet to check for done-ness. Corn kernels should be tender and bacon should be starting to get crispy.
- Serve with fresh cilantro.
- The most important part of this recipe is rotating the corn often. One tip you can share with your readers is to place the corn in a line so they don’t lose track of what they have rotated.
- Towards the end of cooking, you can open the foil and see if any sides need to cook a little more. You can finish the last few minutes with the foil open, rotating as needed.
- There is no need for any extra seasoning with this recipe, the corn soaks up a rich smoky bacon flavor and that’s really all you need.
- You can prep this dish before hand and keep in the fridge until it’s time to grill.
- A common question with this dish is “how do I eat it”. When cooked properly, the bacon will just crunch off as you bite.
- When serving this dish, you don’t need any utensils … just lots of napkins!
This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.