Make a sweet little butterfly craft with the kids using bubble wrap! Could be a cute Mother's Day gift to stick in a plant or just to hang up in the spring.
- bubble wrap
- construction paper in choice of colors
- paint brush
- craft paint
1. Begin by cutting out the butterfly shape from your bubble wrap. We simply cut out a bow tie shape to get this effect. You can make the butterfly as big or as little as you wish.
2. Turn the bubble wrap butterfly shape over so the bubbles are exposed. This is the side you will be painting on.
3. Start applying paint to the bubbles. For our butterfly, we blended two colors. You can do the same! Apply the paint so the bubbles are covered well.
4. Turn the butterfly over and press it bubbles side down on the paper. Apply pressure to the entire shape so the paint adheres well to the paper.
5. Slowly remove the stamp and reveal the shape underneath. If you wish, you can use markers to create the details such as antennae.
You can then apply more paint and continue stamping additional shapes. If you wish, you can wipe the butterfly stamp clean with a damp towel and use a new color. Continue stamping and display as is, or snip the butterfly out and attach it to a stick to use as a plant decoration!