- 1 cup unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup cocoa
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and fill cupcake pan with cupcake lines
- In a large bowl, add the butter and sugar and cream until mixed.
- Add eggs, beating one at a time.
- Add in the vanilla
- In another bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, combine the milk and water.
- Add in the dry ingredients, alternating between the wet and dry, beating well after each addition.
- Fill paper 2/3 of the way and bake for 21 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks.
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter
- 3 C powder sugar
- 1/2 C Cocoa powder
- 1/4 C chopped butterfinger
- 5 TBS heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
Add in all ingredients into a standing mixer and mix until combined and stiff peaks form. If powder sugar pebbles form, add in 1-2 more tbsp heavy cream, if thin add in 1/2 C powder sugar. Mix until stiff and doesn’t fall off a spoon. Frost cupcakes with the chocolate frosting and then top with the crushed butterfingers.
Make sure to follow Crafty Morning on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram or subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter! :)
This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.