- 1 cup unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup cocoa
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and fill cupcake pan with cupcake lines
- In a large bowl, add the butter and sugar and cream until mixed.
- Add eggs, beating one at a time.
- Add in the vanilla
- In another bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, combine the milk and water.
- Add in the dry ingredients, alternating between the wet and dry, beating well after each addition.
- Fill paper ⅔ of the way and bake for 21 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks.
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter
- 3 C powder sugar
- ½ C Cocoa powder
- ¼ C chopped butterfinger
- 5 TBS heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
Add in all ingredients into a standing mixer and mix until combined and stiff peaks form. If powder sugar pebbles form, add in 1-2 more tbsp heavy cream, if thin add in ½ C powder sugar. Mix until stiff and doesn't fall off a spoon. Frost cupcakes with the chocolate frosting and then top with the crushed butterfingers.