This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
How to Make Christmas Tree Cupcakes
Make fun Christmas Tree cupcakes with the kids using waffle cones! They will love to decorate the frosting with m&m's or any other candy that look like ornaments. You can use green candy melts or frosting to decorate.
These cone tree cupcakes are so fun on a Christmas platter for a party!
Christmas Tree Cone Cupcakes
- 12 sugar or waffle cones
- 1 bag green candy melts
- 2 to 4 teaspoons coconut oil or vegetable shortening
- Mini M&M candies
- Star sprinkles
- 12 frosted cupcakes homemade from your favorite recipe or store-bought
- Prepare a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, place the green candy melts. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Continuing heating in 30-second increments, stirring well after each. If the candy melts overheat or is not smooth enough to pour, add 1 to 2 teaspoons of coconut oil or vegetable shortening and stir well.
- With your hand inside the cone, spoon the green over the cone. Tap gently to aow the excess to drip back into the bowl.
- While the green candy melts are almost dry but still wet, press the candies and sprinkles into the cone.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet to dry. When ready, place one cone on each cupcake.
Make sure to follow Crafty Morning on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram or subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter! :)