How to Make Christmas Tree Cupcakes
Make fun Christmas Tree cupcakes with the kids using waffle cones! They will love to decorate the frosting with m&m's or any other candy that look like ornaments. You can use green candy melts or frosting to decorate.
These cone tree cupcakes are so fun on a Christmas platter for a party!
Christmas Tree Cone Cupcakes
- 12 sugar or waffle cones
- 1 bag green candy melts
- 2 to 4 teaspoons coconut oil or vegetable shortening
- Mini M&M candies
- Star sprinkles
- 12 frosted cupcakes homemade from your favorite recipe or store-bought
- Prepare a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, place the green candy melts. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Continuing heating in 30-second increments, stirring well after each. If the candy melts overheat or is not smooth enough to pour, add 1 to 2 teaspoons of coconut oil or vegetable shortening and stir well.
- With your hand inside the cone, spoon the green over the cone. Tap gently to aow the excess to drip back into the bowl.
- While the green candy melts are almost dry but still wet, press the candies and sprinkles into the cone.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet to dry. When ready, place one cone on each cupcake.