This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
I can honestly say this is the first time I have EVER baked a cake from scratch. I was lazy & always just used box mix. So this was definitely a gamble for me. Especially since I made the recipe myself. That gamble paid off because this cake turned out better than I could of hoped!
What you need:
- 2 eggs
- ¾ C butter melted
- 6 bananas
- ¾ C sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ C milk
- 2 C flour
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- 1 container of cool-whip
- banana instant pudding mix
- 2 C milk (for the pudding)
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Smash 3 of the bananas in a medium bowl.
- Mix in the eggs, milk, & butter.
- In a large bowl combine the sugar, baking soda, flour, cinnamon, & nutmeg.
- Pour the banana mixture into the dry ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Pour into a 8 X 13 cake pan. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool. Once cool poke holes about half way through the cake.
- In a medium bowl mix the pudding mix with the 2 cups of milk.
- Pour over the cake.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until set.
- Cover with cool-whip & sliced bananas.
- Keep refrigerated.
Make sure to follow Crafty Morning on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram or subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter! :)