Easy Carrot Craft to Make
Make a fun carrot craft using a small terra cotta pot! It makes the cutest DIY easter decor for your home. The kids can make them and fill them with goodies too for gifts!
Make sure to check out our flower pot bunny butt craft too!
Flower Pot Carrot Craft
- Clay Pot – 4” in diameter
- Clay Saucer – 4” in diameter
- Craft Felt Sheet 9” by 12” – Olive Green
- Natural Jute Twine – Dollar Store
- Acrylic Craft Paint – Bright Orange Primary Orange, Dark Orange
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Permanent Marker – Black
- Gather all materials then remove all packaging and labels. Basecoat clay pot and saucer with primary orange acrylic craft paint. Let the paint dry and then apply a second coat, if necessary.
- Once the clay pot and saucer is dry, apply random swashes of bright orange and dark orange acrylic craft paint to replicate the texture of a carrot.
- Measure a four-inch by nine-inch rectangle of olive colored green craft felt, and then cut out with scissors.
- Fringe the nine-inch length of olive colored green craft felt with scissors, leaving a one-inch section intact for rolling. Cut some narrow and some wide to replicate a carrot top.
- Using a glue gun and glue sticks, apply glue to the solid section of felt and roll as tightly as possible. Work in small sections and take your time with this step.
- Attach the felt carrot top to the center of the clay saucer with a glue gun and glue sticks. Hold tightly in place until the glue has cooled.
- Measure and cut three lengths of natural jute twine 36” each. Wrap twine around bottom of pot and secure at the top center with a bow. Knot the ends of the twine to finish.