This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
- ½ cup Lemon Curd or Lemon Pie Filling
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 roll Crescent Dough
Lemon Curd Ingredients:
- 2 Lemons
- ⅛ cup Butter
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
To make the lemon curd...
- Grate a small amount of zest from the lemons, then cut lemons in half and juice them.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until blended and add in the egg and lemon juice and zest. Mixture may look curdled.
- Microwave for 3 minutes, stirring after every minute. Then microwave for an additional 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Place plastic wrap over the bowl and refrigerate for 4 hours until firm.
To make the Cheesecake Braid...
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine your lemon curd or filling and the softened cream cheese. Stir until blended.
- Open and unroll the crescent dough, place each piece opposite of one another in a line on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and firmly press all of the seams together so you have a solid row of dough.
- Take a pizza cutter and slice 2 inches in and 1 inch wide strips of the dough on each side. Be sure to leave at least 3 inches of uncut dough in the middle.
- Spread the lemon mixture down the middle of the dough. Take a strip of the dough from one side and lay it over the mixture, take the strip from the opposite side and fold it over the top, lightly pressing down to help the strips stick together. Continue this all the way down the dough until it is completely folded over.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm plain or with a simple powdered sugar and milk glaze.