Here’s a fun and easy way to make a birds nest cake! In fact, have your kids help you make it! Thanks to Stephanie Steeves on Instagram for letting me feature her masterpiece :-)
- Pastel candy (m&ms or eggs)
- Cake mix
- Piping bag
- Bake 3 round cake layers and stack them on top of each other.
- Carve out the middle on the top to lay the candies.
- Frost the outside with chocolate. Fill a piping bag with frosting and make little lines of frosting all over the cake to look like a nest.
- For the bird you can roll cake and frosting together to make a ball then cover with fondant. Stick two toothpicks in for the legs!
Stephanie actually made this bird nest cake for her friend’s birthday but it would be super cute for Easter or spring!Make sure to follow Crafty Morning on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram or subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter! :)
This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.