This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
Make some delicious and easy lime margarita jello shots for your friends!
Margarita Jello Shots
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin powder equal to 1 tablespoon
- ½ teaspoon lime Jello
- ¼ cup cold water
- ½ cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ cup sour mix
- ½ cup lime juice reserve ¼ cup for salting the rims of the cups.
- ½ cup tequila
- ½ cup Orange Liqueur like Cointreau or Patron Citronge
- Lime slices and salt for garnish
- 10 3- ounce plastic cups with lids
- In a small mixing bowl, add cold water. Sprinkle the gelatin powder over the water and soak the powder for 2 minutes.
- Add lime jello to the bowl
- Add the sugar
- Pour the hot water into the bowl.
- Whisk until everything is dissolved.
- Add lime juice, sour mix, tequila and liqueur. Stir to combine. For virgin shots, leave out tequila and liqueur.
- Add food coloring if desired.
- Pour remaining lime juice into a shallow dish. Pour salt into a similar dish. Dip the rim of each cup into the lime juice and the into the salt.
- Pour the mixture into the cups, filling them ¾ full. Refrigerate until set, which is between 60-90 minutes.
- When you are ready to serve the shots, remove from the fridge and top with a small lime wedge.