I had so much fun making the Mason Jar Strawberry Pretzel Salad, that I decided to try another dessert. After brainstorming for a while, I came up with Pineapple Upside Down Cake. I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine did!!!
What you need:
- 1 box yellow extra moist cake mix
- 1/4 c butter
- 1 c packed brown sugar
- 20 oz can pineapple chunks (drained)
- 16 oz jar maraschino cherries (drained), no pits or stems and cut in half.
- Can of whipped Cream Topping
What to do:
- Make the cake according to the box directions. Let cool.
- In a small sauce pan melt the butter on medium heat. Stir in brown sugar slowly. Cook until the mixture comes to a boil. Stir in pineapple and cherries, cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Drain any excess liquid.
- Once the cake is cooled, cut it into bite size pieces.
- Layer your ingredients as follows: pineapple/cherry mixture, bite size cake pieces, and whipped cream.
- Repeat step the layering.
- Top with cherries and/or cake crumbs and enjoy.
Make sure to follow Crafty Morning on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram or subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter! :)
This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.