This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
This is a creamy, rich, & delicious soup. My very picky children even loved it, asking for seconds. That seriously never happens. Not that I'm not a wonderful cook, my kids are just allergic to anything that has vegetables in it! I paired it with some yummy Spinach & Feta Pull-a-part Bread.
What you need:
- 3 C milk
- 3 TBS butter
- 4 TBS flour
- 2 C vegetable broth
- 12 oz three cheese tortellini
- 6 0z tomato paste
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes (drained)
- 26 oz tomato soup
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 2 C spinach
- 1 TBS fresh parsley
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
What to do:
- In a large pot melt the butter over medium heat. Once melted whisk in the flour until it is clumpy.
- Whisk in milk, cook over medium heat for 15 minutes until thick.
- Boil water for pasta.
- Stir in vegetable broth, tomatoes, tomato paste, cream cheese, parsley, basil, salt, & pepper. Cook on low for 5 minutes (until cream cheese is melted).
- Cook pasta for 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta & add to the soup. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Add spinach & cook for another 5 minutes or until the spinach is wilted.
Don't forget the Spinach & Feta Pull-a-part Bread!!!
Make sure to follow Crafty Morning on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram or subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter! :)