Here's a fun treat to make this summer with your kids! Some mini ice cream sandwich pops on a hot day! They are so easy to make and the kids will go bonkers for them. Use red, white, and blue sprinkles for a 4th of July treat or just rainbow for fun!
- regular sized ice cream sandwiches
- lollipop or cookie sticks
- cookie sheet
- wax paper
- sharp knife
- Line a large cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Take one ice cream sandwich out of the freezer at a time. Unwrap the ice cream sandwich and with a sharp knife, cut the sandwich into 3 equal pieces.
- Dip each side of each piece of the ice cream sandwich into the sprinkles until generously coated. You may have to dip each side multiple times are use a spoon to pour them onto each side and pat down.
- Push lollipop stick into the short end of each mini ice cream sandwich. Place the finished pop on the cookie sheet.
- Take another regular size ice cream sandwich from the freezer and repeat the process.
- You’ll want to work quickly so that you can get the finished pops into the freezer or you may want to place them in the freezer after you make 3 pops from one regular size sandwich.
- Freeze for at least an hour before serving. Serve immediately from the freezer.