Preptime: 20 minutes (excluding decorating)
Cooktime: 8-10 minutes
Makes about 10+ cookies depending on size
- ¾ cup butter, room temperature
- 1-8 oz pkg cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 ¾ cup of flour + ¾ cups (divided)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt if using unsalted butter (otherwise omit this ingredient if using salted butter)
Cookie Decoration Ingredients:
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup of marshmallow cream
- 1 tbsp lemon curd
- ¼ cup of blackberries (halved if you like)
- ¼ cup of blueberries
- ¼ cup of kiwi (peeled and sliced, diced, or quartered)
- ¼ cup of strawberries (sliced, halved, quartered, or diced)
- ¼ cup of raspberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and lightly greased with cooking spray (I always use coconut oil).
- In a large bowl with a hand held mixer cream together butter, cream cheese, sugars, egg and extract on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Next add in the dry ingredients to the same bowl and blend until soft dough forms; if you need to add ¼ cup of additional flour until you get that soft consistency. *Altitude and temperature can affect how much more flour you need to add; but don't worry as long as you don't over mix the cookie will yield soft results.
- On a lightly floured surface, dump the cookie dough out of the bowl, and pat down with your palms to form a square or circle about ⅜ inches; you want a thick dough as this will help the cookies to keep soft; a thinner dough will produce crunchier cookies and no sugar cookie should be crunchy.
- Cut the preferred shape out using a cookie cutter dipped lightly in flour or a biscuit cutter and place on prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookie for 8-10 minutes; allow to cool for 5 minutes on pan before transferring to cooling rack
- Once cookies have cooled completely about 35 minutes to hour, then its time to frost them.
- In a small bowl with a silicone spatula, whip the cream cheese, marshmallow cream, and lemon curd together until creamy and smooth.
- Spread the frosting on each cookie and decorate, as you like with the fruit. This is a great way to get your kids in the kitchen and allow them to get creative with their cookies. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container; especially if it's really hot (during peak Spring/Summer months) until ready to serve.