This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
Fun New Year's Eve Kids Activity
I've always tried to think of things to do with kids on New Year's Eve as they get excited too! You can bring in the new year by making some glittery confetti slime with the kiddos! Perfect activity to keep the littles busy before they go to bed.
It's also a great sensory activity for the kids that get antsy!
New Years Slime
- 5 oz clear glue
- ½ cup water
- Jumbo glitter - gold
- Jumbo glitter - silver I got mine at Hobby Lobby. The one I have is different shades of silver with blue hues in it
- New Year’s Eve beaded necklaces
- Number calendars
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp contact solution
- Cut a few of the beaded necklaces into small pieces. Mine ranged from 1-5 beads. These will make your slime extra crunchy.
- In a bowl, pour 5 oz clear glue.
- Add ½ cup water. Mix until the glue has broken up and is incorporated into the water.
- Sprinkle in your glitter. Stir.
- Mix ½ cup baking soda in. Baking soda will help determine your slime thickness.
- Add 1 tbsp of contact solution. Mix. The slime will be ready to knead when the slime pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Contact solution is what makes the slime sticky or not.
- Knead the slime. It will be sticky at first. Just keep kneading it! If you have to, you can add a little bit of contact solution, but be careful not to over activate.
- Cut the sticks off the candle numbers and also cut the wicks. Add the numbers to your slime.
- Store in an airtight container.
Make sure to follow Crafty Morning on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram or subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter! :)