This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
Make some cute little easter chicks out of rice krispie bars!! Perfect to make for spring or an Easter party.
Rice Krispie Easter Chicks
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 15 oz marshmallows
- 3 Tablespoons softened butter
- Yellow food coloring
- 2 cups orange candy melts
- Large candy eyes
- 4 ” circle cookie cutter
- 9 x13” pan
- Decorating bag
- Non stick cooking spray
- Potato masher
- Grease a small 9x13” pan with butter or a non stick cooking spray.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, heat the marshmallows with 3 tablespoons of butter and heat for 1-2 minutes until the marshmallows get puffy.
- Mix in a couple drops of food coloring in the marshmallow mixture.
- Now mix in six cups of Rice Krispies cereal in with the marshmallows.
- Scoop the mixture into your pan, pressing down firmly with a potato masher and freeze for 15 minutes before using a circle cookie cutter to cut out your shapes.
- Heat the candy melts on 50% power for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds and pour into a decorating bag.
- Use the melted candy melts to stick the eyes into the top front of the chicks and draw a beak and feet below.