Make this unique BBQ side dish this summer…deviled egg pasta salad! All your guests will love it!
Make sure to follow Crafty Morning on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram or subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter! :)
Deviled Egg Pasta Salad
- 3 cups uncooked rotini pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 hard boiled eggs divided (directions below)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika divided
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chives chopped and divided
- 2 ribs celery diced
- 1 small red onion diced
- Kosher salt and ground pepper to taste
- Paprika and chives for garnish
- Hard boiled egg sliced, for garnish
- Place the eggs in a single layer on the bottom of a large saucepan. Add enough cold water to cover the eggs completely by one inch.
- Bring to a boil on medium heat. Remove from heat and cover the saucepan. Allow to sit for 10-12 minutes.
- Drain the hot water from the saucepan and replace it with cold water covering the eggs completely. Allow the eggs to sit in the cold water for 5 minutes to cool down.
- Remove the eggs from the saucepan. Gently tap each egg on your work surface until each shell is cracked all over. Hold each egg under running cold water and peel the the shell off each egg. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Fill a large saucepan halfway with water. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil under medium high heat.
- Add the pasta and stir occasionally until the water begins to boil again. Remove from heat and cover the saucepan. Allow the noodles to sit for 10 minutes.
- Drain the saucepan and add cold water to the noodles. Allow the noodles to sit for 5 minutes to cool down.
- Strain the noodles and place in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Finely chop the celery and red onion. Set aside.
- Slice 7 of the hard boiled eggs, lengthwise. (Reserve one egg to use as garnish later). Gently, scoop out the yolk from the eggs and place in a small bowl.
- Mash the yolk with a fork. Add the mayo, yogurt, mustard, salt, pepper, 1 teaspoon paprika and 1 Tablespoon fresh chives. Mix well to incorporate.
- Dice the egg whites and place in a large mixing bowl. Add the noodles, celery, red onion, 1 Tablespoon chopped chives and 1 teaspoon paprika.
- Pour the egg yolk dressing on top and gently fold into the salad to evenly coat the ingredients.
- Garnish with a sliced egg, sprinkling of paprika, chopped chives and salt and pepper to taste.
This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.