This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
I recently made these for my 5 year old's class snack, and they were a huge hit! These are beyond cute for the Christmas season and can be completed in under an hour (or far less if you're only making a few)....that's a mommy win/win right there. Plus, these are easy enough that you can get your kiddos involved!
For this project, I used my favorite supply in my craft closet - Glue Dots! Don't get me wrong, all you hot glue lovers out there please have at it, but for me glue dots are so much easier. And as an added bonus, I don't burn off half my fingers! I've made these two ways because I just couldn't decide which was cuter.
- Applesauce Cups
- Sparkly Gold Pipe Cleaners
- Googley Eyes
- Small Red Bells (10mm)
- Mini Glue Dots (5 mm)
- Glue Lines (2.5 cm)
- Wire Cutters
1. Place a mini glue dot on the back of both eyes and press onto the face of the applesauce cup.
2. Repeat this for the bell. The dot will adhere to the small loop on the back of the bell and hold it just fine, so don't worry about that.
3. Bend a pipe cleaner in half, and cut in the middle with your wire cutters so that you have two pieces for antlers.
4. For the Bent Antler Reindeer: Bend one straight half of your pipe cleaner in half again. Now, bend one side in half so that it points up, and then bend this smaller piece down and out. Repeat with your second antler half.
5. For the Spiked Antler Reindeer: Cut a 2" piece off of your antler half. Twist this around the remaining long piece of antler toward the top and angle the ends upwards. A tight wrap will hold this piece in place. Repeat with your second antler.
6. For both styles of reindeer, apply two strips of Glue Lines vertically on the back of your applesauce cup and press the two antlers into the strips.
7. Adjust your antlers so that they stand up to your liking.
Now go be the coolest mom in your kid's classroom, and pretend you slaved away over these!