This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
In my home, Christmas morning wouldn't be complete without strawberry bread for breakfast. My mom made this for us every year of my childhood, and now I do the same for my family. Honestly, this recipe is fantastic because you can make it ahead of time and simply enjoy Christmas morning instead of slaving away in the kitchen!
I'm not sure I know anyone else with this particular tradition, but I also haven't found a soul who doesn't love this bread! It is so popular with my husband's coworkers that I make dozens of mini loaves for Christmas gifts each year. One bowl of batter can make five mini loaves or two large loaves of bread. If well wrapped*, you can also freeze extra loaves to be eaten throughout the year. It's really the Christmas gift that keeps on giving!
I hope you enjoy this as much as my family and friends do, and perhaps you will now have a new tradition of your own!
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 20 ounces frozen sliced strawberries in syrup**
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray the loaf pans with baking spray with flour, or otherwise greased and flour your pans.
3. In a large bowl, add your flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and cinnamon, and whisk to combine.
4. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil and berries including the syrup from the berries. If you can only find frozen strawberry halves, give them a few snips with kitchen shears as you pour them in the bowl. Strawberry halves are too large and will cause the bread to not cook through properly.
5. Pour your wet ingredients into the large bowl of dry ingredients, and stir just until mixed.
6. Evenly distribute the batter amongst your greased and floured pans.
7. For five mini loaves (5-23/32" x 3-5/16" x 1-⅞") bake for 50-55 minutes, or for two large loaves (8.5" x 4.5" x 2.75") bake for 60-65 minutes. Test with a toothpick in the middle of the bread to check that it is fully baked.
* I prefer Birds Eye Lite Deluxe Strawberries in Lower Calorie Syrup
** To freeze a loaf of bread, wrap it well in saran wrap and then with a layer of foil. When ready, thaw your bread in the refrigerator and then heat slices in the microwave for approximately 20 seconds per slice.