- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- ¾ cup mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- ½ grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups uncooked large macaroni noodles
- 1-2 cups cooked bacon
- ½ panko bread crumbs
- Boil macaroni noodles according to package directions. Set aside to use later.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat
- Add the flour and whisk constantly until smooth, continue to cook over medium heat until edge begin to simmer and the mixture is a golden brown.
- Slowly add milk, while constantly whisking.
- Cook over medium heat for 7-10 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to bubble.
- Add cheese, paprika, salt and pepper (reserving ¼ cup of the mozzarella) and stir until thick and creamy
- Mix in noodles and bacon.
- Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese and panko bread crumbs over the top.
- Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes, until cheese is melted and bread crumbs are slightly brown.
Serve warm. Store left overs in an airtight container for up to 5 days.Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram or subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter! :)
This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.