Growing up, beef stroganoff was my aboslute favorite meal with delicious egg noodles. Today, eating all those carbs catch up to me fast! I’m on the ketogenic diet and this meal satisfys my craving for comfort food. Even my husband liked it! Give it a try…next time i’ll add fresh mushrooms yum!
- Large/medium spaghetti squash
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 clove of garlic (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion
- 1 can of cream of mushroom
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Fresh mushrooms (optional)
- Stab the spaghetti squash with a knife all over it (even underneath) then stick it in the microwave on a plate for 5 minutes then rotate the squash. Do it 3 times (about 15 minutes total for a large squash). Then cut in half, scoop the seeds out then fluff with a fork to get the “noodles” formed.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium/high heat, add the butter, chopped onions, and garlic and saute them for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the ground beef and fry until browned, then drain the grease.
- Stir in the beef broth, cream of mushroom, and worcestershire sauce. Heat to boiling then reduce to a simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in the sour cream, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Dump the spaghetti squash noodles in the skillet and stir! Or you can also leave them in the bowls and pour the sauce on top.
This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.