Make some delicious bailey’s truffles for St. Patrick’s Day or any other occasion! What could be better than booze and dessert in one?
- 12 oz. dark 60% chocolate chips
- 4 Tbsp. Bailey’s Original Irish Cream liqueur
- 2 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 1 bag of ghiradelli dark chocolate melting wafers
- 1 container of gold sprinkles
- 1 cookie sheet fitted with parchment paper
- Using a large microwave safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips, Bailey’s, and heavy whipping cream
- Place into the microwafe for one minute
- Stir with a wire whisk until chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth.
- If there is still chocolate chunks, place back into the microwave for 30 seconds
- Cover with seran wrap and place into the fridge to chill for 4 hours
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Using a mini ice cream scooper, scoop out the chocolate baileys mixture
- roll into small size truffles and place onto cookie sheet
- Once all has been rolled, place into the fridge for an hour
- Using a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate melting wafers
- Once the hour is up, pull out baking sheet and place onto the counter next to the chocolate
- Carefully peel off a truffle and place into the melted chocolate
- Use a fork to rotate the truffle in the chocolate so that all of the truffle gets coated
- Carefully scoop out the truffle and lightly tap the edge of the pot to get rid of the excess chocolate
- Place onto the cookie sheet and sprinkle with gold sprinkles
- Repeat steps with remaining balls
- Let chocolate harden before enjoying!
This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.