With this recipe you will end up with a light, fluffy, universal buttercream, that is perfect for piping. I used it for quite some time and it never got runny on me. It is perfect for cakes, cupcakes, etc!
Buttercream Frosting Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup butter, room temp
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 5 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp flavoring (vanilla, almond, lemon etc.)
- Beat together butter and shortening until light and fluffy.
- Add in confectioners sugar a cup at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the heavy cream and your flavoring of choice and beat for 1 – 2 minutes on high speed.
You can see here it’s not runny for decorating goodies!Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram or subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter! :)
This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.