- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (or your favorite salsa)
- 1 avocado, diced
Cilantro-Lime Rice Ingredients:
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- Combine chicken breasts, 2 tbsp olive oil and taco seasoning in a plastic zipper bag and marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- Combine rice, chicken bouillon, and water to a boil in a medium sauce pan.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer on low for 20-25 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, cook chicken in a skillet over medium-high heat for 7-10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 175 degrees
- Remove rice from the heat and add the lime juice, salt, and cilantro to the rice. Fluff with a fork.
- Microwave the beans.
- Combine rice, chicken, tomatoes, corn, black beans and avocados in a bowl.
- Serve warm.
This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.